Hop On - Hop Off - City Sightseeing 24 hours
The Reykjavik Tour in 24 hours
Take a bus tour with City Sightseeing and explore Reykjavík at your leisure, with the opportunity to hop on and off at conveniently located bus stops. This bus pass is valid for 24 hours so you take your time to enjoy a full day of Reykjavik.
It's a city that boasts the best of both worlds; a modern, trendy and forward-looking capital whilst at the same time being so close to its unspoiled nature. Reykjavik truly is a magical place to behold.
Reykjavik Museums and Attractions
You might be interested in the different attractions at our stops like Perlan museum to see the Wonders of Iceland exhibition and the Northern Lights Planetarium show or the Whales of Iceland and FlyOver Iceland experience in the Grandi district**.** Check out our brochure with a map of all the stops for further information.
Reykjavik City Sightseeing Stops:
1. Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre
The stunning concert hall and conference centre is the latest landmark in Reykjavík and houses both the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera.
2. Reykjavik Old Harbour
A colourful busy area with restaurants, shops and cafés. Various boat tours depart from the Old Harbour.
3. Reykjavík Maritime Museum
Explore the world of the Icelandic fisheries and coastal culture. The former coast guard vessel Óðinn is also docked there.
4. Whales of Iceland
The biggest whale exhibition in the world! Life-sized models, an interactive installation and virtual reality experience. Fun for all ages.
5. National Museum of Iceland
The permanent exhibition Making of a Nation - Heritage and History in Iceland is a journey through time, from settlement to the present.
6. Lækjargata Hard Rock Café Reykjavik
Lækjargata - literally "stream street" - takes its name from the stream that once ran along the street. The famous Hard Rock Café is located in this street.
7. Laugavegur Shopping Street
Strolling down Laugavegur you will find all kinds of shops, restaurants, cafés and bars - something for everyone.
8. Kjarvalsstaðir Art Museum
It houses the works of one of Iceland´s most influential and recognized artists, Jóhannes Kjarval. You can also enjoy works from other leading Icelandic and foreign artists.
9. Hallgrímskirkja Church
The church spire is 73 m high, thus making this building the tallest one in Reykjavík city. The view from the tower is sublime.
10. BSÍ Bus Terminal
Home of Reykjavik Excursions and the Flybus. From here you can join one of the many adventurous day tours heading outside the city or simply take the Flybus to Keflavík International Airport.
A glass dome built on top of six hot water tanks. Inside you will find a restaurant, café and the amazing Wonders of Iceland exhibition. The 360° view from the observation deck is spectacular.
12. Kringlan Shopping Mall
Iceland´s first real shopping mall opened its doors in 1987 and currently includes over 180 shops and restaurants along with a cinema and a public library. Next to the mall is the Reykjavík City Theatre.
13. Hilton Nordica Reykjavík
The hotel is formerly known as Hotel Esja, a name derived from the dramatically dominating Mt. Esja which provides a stunning backdrop to the capital area.
14. Laugardalur Valley
Reykjavík´s housewives and housemaids washed laundry in geothermal hot springs here in Laugardalur until the early 20th century. Today the park is home to a swimming pool, sports centre, botanical garden and the Family Park and Zoo.
15. Skarfabakki Harbour (When cruise ships are in port)
From here you can take a boat tour over to Viðey island, stroll along the coastline to downtown Reykjavík or come inside and rent a vehicle for the day at Enterprise rent-a-car. (When cruise ships are in port)
16. Höfði House
Höfði is considered to be one of the most historically significant buildings in Reykjavík. It was the location for the 1986 summit meeting of president Ronald Reagan and the general secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, in order to end the Cold War.
Click here for the City Sightseeing brochure.
- Hop-on, Hop- off access for 24 hours.
- Please note that for safety reasons, luggage is not allowed on the bus
- Free WiFi available.
- Audio guide commentary in 8 languages (German, Italian, Swedish, Icelandic, French, Spanish, English & Japanese).
- Vehicle cleaned with Vectorfog - 100% Natural multi-surface disinfectant.
- The full tour takes about 80-85 minutes to complete and stars from Harpa, Stop 1 at 09:30
- You can hop on and hop off at any stop of your choosing, enjoying some discounts of attraction admission along the way
- Runs every 45 minutes
- Last departure is from Harpa at 16:15
Kindly note that the bus is not running on:
- 16th and 17th of May
- 17 June, The Icelandic Independence Day celebrations
- Reykjavík Pride parade either second or third Saturday in August (12th of August 2023)
- Reykjavík Marathon and Reykjavík Cultural Night which is held annually the Saturday after 18 August, or on 18 August if it is a Saturday. (19th of August 2023)
- 24th of December, Christmas Eve - Aðfangadagur in Icelandic
- 25th of December
- 31st of December, New Year's Eve
- 1st of January, New Year's Day