Terms and Conditions
The following document describes Go Travel terms and conditions, which you agree to by using our website. If you don't agree to anything that we describe here, please don't use the site but do let us know what you don't agree with, because customer service is our bread and butter and we love to hear from our customers.
Go Travel may need to change these terms from time to time as our product grows and becomes more awesome and this can happen without notice. We also reserve the right to interpret this document in the way that makes the most sense to us.
We understand that it's ridiculous to ask you to keep an eye on this document to see if it changes, but there's really no other way to let you know about it unless you want to sign up for our newsletter (which you should definitely do, because it's excellent).
Go Travel is a reseller of tours and services from a wide variety of companies. We sincerely hope that you enjoy using our services. By using those services after any amendments have been made to this document, you agree to these terms and conditions, which we will now do our best to describe in some detail.
- You agree to use www.gotravel.grapevine.is and any Go Travel affiliated websites and products (afterwards here referred to as "the incredible awesomeness that is Go Travel " or "GoTravel " for short) only for lawful purposes.
- You will only use Go Travel to make legitimate requests to book tours and other services that we offer through Go Travel . That means no speculative, false or fraudulent requests. You also agree not to use robots or other automated means to access our products (although if you would like to send us a robot to make us coffee in the morning, that is absolutely fine by us).
- You agree that you are not a direct competitor of our company coming to steal all our great ideas.
- You agree that you are allowed to agree to these terms. (We probably should have started with that. Maybe that will be a further amendment.)
- Go Travel does not endorse any offensive, indecent, inaccurate or inappropriate behaviour or content. By using this site, you agree not to put stuff like that up here. The only way you could do that is through the Facebook comment section on our content and then you'll be banned.
- If we ban you, you agree not to come back under a different name. That is just totally annoying and makes you an internet troll.
- We cannot vouch for the accuracy in the descriptions of all the tours, but rest assured, if someone is using our site to promote a tour with inaccurate information, we will act quickly to remove that content. You agree to let us know if something like that occurs so we can do something about it.
- You agree not to copy our stuff. We work hard on the content of this site and we don't like people stealing it. That said, maybe you'd like to partner with us. We love affiliate programs and we'd love to hear from you if you want to have our tours on your site.
- We reserve the right to remove content from our site without notice and at our sole discretion. For example, we might find the language in a review or a comment on a tour inappropriate for our site and we might just decide to delete it. We can do that.
- We are under no obligation to keep anything you write on Go Travel for any length of time. Sometimes servers crash and emails get lost. It happens.
- We love our writers, photographers, and other content people and we like them to be happy. We pledge to display your contributions to the site in the best way we can, but we make the decisions regarding design and all that. As with everything else here though, we would love to hear from you if you have any criticism.
- By submitting content to Go Travel you agree to allow us to keep it visible on Go Travel for as long as it makes sense to do so. We will probably not be showing your article about Christmas in June, for example. We reserve the right to display it again next year though.
- We don't actually operate any of the tours. We resell other people's tours and try to help you find the tours you're looking for. Go Travel is not liable for any accidents, losses, injuries, damages, delays, expenses due to any action or inaction on the part of the operator, guides, or their other employees.
- If you do have any complaints about a tour, you agree to let us know so that we can help you to find a solution to your issue. We love to help.
- The terms and conditions for each of the tour operators may differ depending on the services that they offer.
- Go Travel is not responsible for any information about tours that we do not directly provide to you through our services and products.
- Go Travel does not guarantee availability for any tour until your booking has been confirmed and paid for.
- Certain tours are sensitive to changes in weather and may be cancelled. We cannot control the weather, as much as we might like to. See our cancellation policy below.
- We would advise all travelers to purchase comprehensive travel insurance in order to minimize any possible losses due to unforeseeable situations arising during your trip. You agree to do that if that makes sense for you.
- Go Travel will provide support through our website's support center and through our email address: email@example.com
- We pledge to give you the best customer support that is humanly possible.
- All of our prices are managed through our booking system and we pledge to give you the best price available on any particular tour.
- All prices on the website are valid when they are displayed on Go Travel, but those prices are subject to change at any time by the suppliers.
- Prices listed on the site are per person unless the tour specifically says so. We almost always also say "per person", but if there is any confusion about this, please contact us and we will explain fully.
- Prices are subjects to change up until the point when the booking has been confirmed.
- Prices are displayed along with any pertinent taxes at the point of purchase.
- Our prices do not include tips for your guides, tour directors, or your drivers or any other such cost. If you're happy with their service and you want to tip them, that's your business.
- Any food or beverage that you may need to buy on your trip is your responsibility. That may seem like common sense, but sometimes food and drink are offered on tours and you need to specifically book them as "extras". That's on you. Well, hopefully the food and drink aren't on you, but you get the drift.
- If you need to cancel your trip or change your reservation just drop us a line and we'll do everything we can to help you do that, free of charge. However, costs may increase (or decrease) as a result of your booking changes. If that happens, we will let you know about any price increase (or decrease).
- If you reduce the number of people in a booking, that amounts to a cancellation of those passengers / participants. If you increase the number, please note that there may not be an available number of seats for the increase. Bear with us. We will do our absolute best to get you what you need.
- Cancellations are allowed, but keep in mind that some tour operators have cancellation fees associated with their tours. These cancellation policies are displayed on the individual tour pages on our site, where applicable.
- Cancellations can be made by the suppliers of tours due to weather conditions. Your safety is of the utmost concern, so if the snowmobile people say it is not safe to go up on the glacier, we absolutely and completely listen to them, because they are the experts. Any cancellations due to weather will result in a full refund and we will try our best to find you a different tour to go on.
- Payment for tours is made through our secure payment gateway on gotravel.grapevine.is
- When you make a payment through our site, a full payment is charged to your credit card.
- We pledge to make that process as secure as possible and we use SSL security through GlobalSign.
We admit that it seems unlikely that people would do any of the following things on our site, but then again the internet is full of weirdos, so here are some general things we would like you to agree to:
- You agree not to use the site to threaten, stalk, defraud, incite, harass, or advocate the harassment of another person or interfere with another person's use of the site.
- You agree not to use the site to transmit pornography or any other illegal content.
- You agree not to use the site to transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys or any other annoying mass messaging, whether you plan to make money off these schemes or not. We don't care, just don't do it.
- You agree not to cause harm to minors through our site.
- You will not use this site to promote bigotry, hatred or any discrimination against anyone.
- You will not use this site to do anything illegal.
- Finally, you agree not to try to hack our site. We worked hard on this. What's your deal?
We hope you enjoyed these terms and conditions as much as we enjoyed writing them. While we can't be completely sure that they will be as clever and witty when our lawyer takes a look at them and makes us rewrite them, rest assured that the basic gist of this site is to provide you with a great experience of the tours we make available here.
We wish you a happy and safe trip and hope you have a great experience with Go Travel.