The Grapevine Foodie Tour - Eat Your Way Through Reykjavík
Exploring Icelandic food with fresh eyes and blowing up some common myths. Discover the flavours of high-quality local ingredients presented through various cuisines and get a unique perspective on Icelandic food history. With exclusive access to celebrated restaurants and artisan producers, all truly independent or family-owned. The tour is curated by our veteran restaurant critic and food columnist Ragnar Egilsson and his crack team of handsome foodies.
This tour is your chance to step off the beaten path, celebrate the diversity of modern Icelandic food culture, and see how the sausage is made (without a hot dog in sight)
- Learn about the history of Reykjavík and historical delicacies
- Try traditional local pastries
- Indulge in a platter of Icelandic seafood nigiri at one of Reykjavík’s finest restaurants
- Take a roll in the hey with some grass-fed Icelandic lamb in a Nepalese curry
- Get an insider's take on local trend and ingredients
- Have access to vegan-friendly options
- Be blown away by handcrafted dim sum with local fish and root vegetables
- Colourful ice cream with artisanal chocolate
- Tastings at each of the 5 stops
- Beverages are paid separately
What do I need to bring
Dress for weather. Like any other city walking tours you will be expected to walk between establishments so wear suitable shoes for walking around the city and any clothing suitable for the weather on the day.