Northern Iceland Whale Safari
Whale watching can be an incredibly calming experience as you sail out on a boat and enjoy the waters of the North Atlantic ocean. But what if you want to see whale and also get some adrenaline pumping through your veins?
A RIB boat (Rigid inflatable boat) is an incredibly fast speedboat that can skip across the sea at great speed and with greater speeds comes the ability to travel a far greater distance. On this whale safari we leave the gentle waters of the bay and head out in search of the really big whales that can be found a bit further out from the coast. During the summer period (April 15th – August 20th) we will also include a visit to a nearby island to see the puffins!
- A specialized guide
- Warm safety overalls
What do I need to bring
- You will get warm extra clothing before your tour but it is highly recommended to bring own warm and waterproof clothes, footwear and protective bags for cameras as it can be cold and wet out at sea
- The puffin season is from April 15th – August 20th approximately
- The tour on RIB speedboats is not allowed for passengers with heart- or back problems or pregnant women. Not suitable for children under 8 years or < 130 cm in height
- The tour is approximately 2-2,5 hours
- For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change schedules, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change